Applies to: PlusOne Record Services, COVID Vaccination Recording, Adverse Event Recording.
The Adverse Event feature within the COVID 19 form allows the pharmacy to record any adverse events, a patient experiences in store during the 15 minute observation period.
The pharmacy will be able to complete the Adverse Event recording and COVID vaccinations in PlusOne.
To assist a vaccine safety surveillance project currently being undertaken by the University of Western Australia (UWA), deidentified aggregated data will be sent to UWA for their research.
To record an Adverse Event, please follow the steps:
1. Select Record Services in the left hand menu and search for the patient
2. The patients profile will appear, next Select the dropdown SERVICE menu and then select COVID-19 Vaccination.
3. Fill out the details for the vaccination and consent boxes.
4. UPDATE: The form now includes a section that says 'if the patients experience an adverse event while in store this should be recorded once the vaccination is complete with submission to AIR'
5. Complete the vaccination form
Important: The pharmacy can complete the adverse event information at any stage.
6. Click on the adverse button, it will open a form and allow a link between the vaccination record and the Adverse Event record.
The form will contain patient information and details of the vaccine related to the adverse event.
The form also includes what type of reaction the patient experienced, if the boxes do not cover the type of reaction the information can be entered into the 'other' field and the action taken in store will also be recorded.
The form also contains information for the pharmacy on the requirement for reporting Adverse Events. It is an obligation to report Adverse Events to the relevant state body.
Make sure all of your staff are trained and for more information visit www.mymedadvisor.com or contact support if you have any questions.
If you have any further questions, please contact us on Support
We're always happy to help. Our support team is available Monday to Friday, 9AM–5PM (AEST).